Having an alcoholic beverage is a taboo in many countries including India. A lot of people fear to become addicted to alcohol if they sip one or two shots of beer.
But the reality is different then what we think.
In countries like North America and Europe, beer is a part of the meal, a little quantity of consumption of beer is acceptable by the society.
The reason behind the intake of beer and not any other alcoholic beverage is the benefits which we can get from it.
Beer is a rich source of vitamin B and protein, even more than wine. It also has a beneficial antioxidant in it. Beer consists of ‘hops’ a component which is used for brewing beer and which is a rich source of flavonoids.
Consumption of beer provides you plenty of minerals which are important in the metabolic process of our body. In different ways beer contributes to boosting your health.
- Beer will actually enhance the health of your kidneys! Yes, that’s right. A recent research has discovered that beer keeps the kidney healthy. As you drink beer, with each bottle of it the risk of having kidney stones reduces by 40%.
- Want to get rid of bad cholesterol? Have a glass of beer. You should know that fiber present in beer helps to reduce the level of LDL cholesterol, which is bad cholesterol responsible for heart diseases.
- Need to increase the vitamin B level in the body? Here comes beer. As per the medical experts, beer consists of several vitamins like B1, B2, B6, and B12. As compared to the non-drinking people the people who consume beer have 30% higher level of vitamin B6. It is actually twice higher that people who drink wine. Additionally, you get a lot of B12 vitamins as well when you drink beer.
- A beer drinker has stronger bones, and mind it, there is no exaggeration in this sentence. A medical study has revealed that due to the high amount of silicon present in beer it contributes to the higher density of bone.
- You will agree with this, after having a beer you get sound sleep. It is true because beer can cure insomnia. It consists of lactoflavin and nicotinic acid which induce sleep and make your mind feel relaxed.
- You can prevent heart attack significantly using beer. As per the research the risk of heart attack is reduced to 40-60% among beer drinker as compared to the non-beer drinker people.
- Nowadays, a lot of people are suffering from blood clots in the arteries. Well, as experts say the ingredients found in beer works fine to prevent the blood clots and ensure smooth flow of blood in the body.
- People often say they don’t remember anything when they are drunk. However, a controlled drinking of beer can boost your memory. A study on the Alzheimer patients has provided the results that beer drinkers has less risk to suffer from dementia and Alzheimer as compared to the non-beer drinkers.
- It can be a self-experience that once your drink beer you feel relax. The University of Montreal has discovered that 2 glasses of beer every day reduces the stress related to work or personal life. It is also helpful to reduce anxiety.
- The last one is for the women out there. You want to look beautiful and young then have a glass of beer. The expert has backed this fact that beet consists of vitamins which regenerate the skin and reduces the skin pigmentation. It provides elegant and smooth skin. Many home remedies include the application of beer on skin and hair to keep it healthy.
So, what more reasons you need to have a sip of beer?
But make sure you have a beer in a limited quantity. It should not become a habit for you, but it can be a way towards a healthy life.