The winter season, common cold and fever come hand in hand. The weather change and viral infection are generally on pick during the winter season. The body temperature increases the healthy range of 98.4 and 99.5 degrees Fahrenheit to respond the change in weather and to battle the infection.
You can treat fever using some natural remedies rather than going for pharmaceutical drugs. The natural remedy cures the fever instantly and does not have any side effects.
Here are 8 fantastic remedies which will help you to bring down a fever.
1. Ginger tea
The spicy ginger is effective to induce sweating and thus brings down the body temperature. It also has anti-inflammatory properties which reduce inflammation and provides relief from a sore throat. Follow the below process to make ginger tea at home
- Take ½ tsp of ginger powder and add it to 1 cup of water.
- Boil the water on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Filter the solution and add 1 tsp of honey to it.
- Enjoy your ginger tea to get rid of fever instantly.
2. Cayenne pepper
Just like ginger the cayenne pepper is one the spice which promotes sweating. It consist active ingredient capsaicin which leads to rapid blood circulation and fights the infection. You just have to sprinkle 1 tsp of cayenne pepper on your salad or vegetable and it will help you to get relief from fever.
3. Wet socks
You might feel that this remedy is gross, but trust us, it is one of the ancient remedies which works efficiently to cure fever quickly. It draws the blood towards you feet which help to boost the blood circulation and reduces the body temperature. Follow the below process of wet socks remedy.
- Take 1 tub of hot water and soak your feet in it for 5 minutes.
- Once you take out your feet from hot water slip them into a pair of cotton socks which are damp using cold water.
- Now, cover the dampened cotton socks by pulling dry wool socks over it.
- Crawl into your bed and have a good night sleep.
- The fever will be gone by the next morning
4. Cold grapes
Take ½ cup of grapes and store it in the refrigerator for a while. Eat the cooled grapes to reduce body temperature. Grapes are a rich source of vitamin C and thus it boosts the immune system to fight the infection.
5. Vinegar bath
Many of us think that taking bath in fever is not a good idea but vinegar bath can help you to reduce fever. Here is how you can take vinegar bath.
- Add warm water to your bathtub.
- Mix ½ cup of vinegar to the bathtub and spread it properly using your hands.
- Soak your body in the warm water for 5-10 minutes and then take a regular bath.
- Your fever will significantly reduce in just 1 hour time.
6. Vinegar potatoes
There is another way you can use vinegar to reduce fever. It is a combination of potato which reduces the body temperature instantly.
- Take 1 potato, peel it properly and make thin slices of it.
- Soak 5-6 slices of potato in a ½ cup of vinegar for 10 minutes.
- Now, lie down on your bed and keep these potato slices on your forehead.
- Cover the potato slices with a clean washcloth and take rest for 20 minutes.
- This is the best way to get rid of fever instantly.
7. Bone broth
Having a chicken soup is the yummiest way to treat fever. The bone broth supports the immune system and makes it easy to fight the infection. During viral infection have bone broth is the best treatment which the patient also enjoys.
8. Apple cider vinegar
This is one of the miraculous remedies which works effectively to treat fever. All you have to do is take ½ cup of apple cider vinegar and add 1 cup of water to it. Soak a cloth in this solution and put it on your forehead for a while. The fever will get drawn out naturally.
You should definitely try all these home remedies to treat fever at home. However, if you are suffering from the fever which is higher than 103° F which lasts longer than 7 days then it is definitely a time for a medical checkup. Even if you are suffering from frequent fever or common cold infection then consult your doctor.
There are many life threatening diseases which have initial symptoms of fever. If along with fever you observe signs like difficulty in breathing, high level of agitation, stiff neck or blood in stool then take immediate action to get medical help.
Take help of natural remedies when you feel that there are not complications and you are just suffering from fever due to weather change or viral infection. Use these natural remedies and stay healthy always.