After late 90’s the importance of coconut has picked up a really ground. Now the health benefits of coconut are spreading widely in the world. The amazing part it that there are different products associated with coconut and thus it can be used in many ways as well.
The popular version of coconut oil includes:
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut Shreds
- Coconut Butter
- Coconut Water
- Coconut Flour
- Coconut Milk and Cream
- Coconut Soya Sauce
So, you can go for any of these products to gain maximum health benefits. You must be curious to know why coconut is so beneficial for our health and which ingredients in coconut makes it so useful for human beings. Let’s get into details about coconut.
In medical terms, Coconut (C. Nucifera) is identified as an ingredient from Arecaceae (Palmae) family with a subfamily of Cocoideae. Fatty acids are considered as the most beneficial compound in coconut flesh. The type and processing of oil decide the composition of fat. Coconut oil consists of 90% of medium-chain saturated fatty acids and some amount of poly-unsaturated fatty acids and mono-unsaturated fatty acids.
What’s so good about Medium Chain Fatty Acids?
So, the question is why medium-chain saturated fatty acids (MCFA’s) are so special. That is because it get absorbed in the body easily and thus digested and utilized by our body quickly. It freely crossed the blood-brain barrier and thus it can be used by the brain as a source of energy and contribute to neurological health.
The virgin coconut oil is very beneficial and natural form of coconut oil which is delicious, readily available and quite affordable as well. Here are some properties of coconut oil which makes it a superfood as well-
- Anti-carcinogenic (It enhances the immune system and prevents the spread of cancer cells in the body)
- An antioxidant (protects the body against free-radical formation and damage)
- Anti-microbial/ Infection-fighting (viruses, bacteria, yeast, parasites, fungi, and protozoa)
- Improves nutrient absorption (easily digestible; makes fat-based vitamins more available to the body – ie. vitamin A, D, E, K)
- Nontoxic to humans and animals
130 Uses of Coconut Oil
Coconut Oil for Personal Hygiene and the Body
- Age Spots (otherwise called liver spots) – applying coconut oil specifically to the age spot will offer it some assistance with fading.
2. Facial cleanser – coconut oil will mend your skin subsequent to shaving without stopping up pores. Incredible for razor blaze!
3. Hair loss – consolidate coconut oil with lavender, rosemary, thyme, cedarwood, Jojoba oil, Grapeseed/castor oil and a little cayenne pepper. Apply three times each day (or before bed) to influenced range of male pattern baldness and back rub in. Coconut oil and these crucial oils underpins cell recovery.
4. Body Scrub – combine coconut oil and salt and rub everywhere! Flush off and your skin will be super delicate. You can include crucial oils on the off chance that you might want a particular scent.
5. Wounds – connected specifically to the wound, coconut oil upgrades the recuperating process by decreasing swelling and redness.
6. Bug Bites – when connected straightforwardly to a bug chomp, coconut oil can stop the tingling and blazing sensation and additionally hurry the recuperating process.
7. Blazes – apply to smolder site instantly and keep applying until mended. Will lessen the odds of lasting scarring and advances mending.
8. Chapstick – simply rub a little into lips and it goes about as a softening specialists as well as has a SPF of around 4 so you get a little insurance!
9. Cradle Cap – having issues with dry skin on your child’s scalp? Coconut oil won’t just feed your child’s skin, it likewise takes out support top. Simply rub a teaspoon onto scalp every day.
10. Dandruff – coconut oil drenches into the scalp saturating dry skin and alleviates indications of dandruff. It additionally controls oil emission from the scalp, another driving reason for dandruff.
11. Antiperspirant – coconut oil alone can be utilized as an antiperspirant, however considerably more successful in mix with cornstarch/arrowroot powder and preparing pop.
12. Diaper Salve – extremely consoling on a rashy bum with no unforgiving chemicals. Additionally ok for fabric diapers.
13. Eye cream – apply under the eyes to diminish puffiness, sacks and wrinkles. Use on the covers at night.
14. Face Wash/Soap – blend equivalent amounts of coconut oil with olive oil, almond oil, avocado oil and castor oil and use set up of cleanser when washing your face. Wet face, rub oil in and leave on for two minutes, wash and pat dry. One teaspoon ought to be sufficient.
15. Hair conditioner/Deep Treatment – use as a leave-in hair conditioner by applying a teaspoon of coconut oil to your finishes and afterward running your fingers through your hair to disperse the rest. For a more profound treatment, rub in a tablespoon of coconut oil onto your dry scalp and tenderly work through to the finishes. Put a shower top on to anticipate exchange onto bed cloths and leave on overnight.