In our body liver is considered as a very vital organ. It performs many important functions such as creating bile in order to eliminate toxins from the body, processing the nutrients from the food, synthesize and distribution of the protein in the entire body. Thus, proper functioning of liver is very important for our health.
Nowadays the exposure to pesticides and chemicals is highly increased. We are consuming this toxic from chemicals and pesticides used in food and it is getting accumulated in our body. The liver of most of the people has become ‘overtaxed’ and if the liver is not detoxed properly then this can lead to digestive problems. The health issues such as headaches, abdominal bloating, PMS, weight gain, gallbladder issues, liver spots, heartburn are all related to the improper functioning of the liver.
Turmeric Tea and Liver Detox
Detoxification is the important process which helps to keep the liver healthy and free from toxins. Turmeric tea is one of the efficient detoxifier which stimulates the gallbladder to produce bile and thus help the liver to eliminate toxins from the body.
Turmeric is a very popular plant in India which belongs to the ginger family and has a lot of medicinal properties. It is yellow in colour due to the phytochemical called curcumin. This compound is useful to stimulate the production of bile with the help of gallbladder. The bile produced by gallbladder is further used by the liver to eliminate the toxins accumulated in our body.
Once the toxins are eliminated by this process, the cells are rejuvenated by the bile. Thus, you can say turmeric along can act as an element which can resolve the liver and digestion issues.
Recipe of Turmeric Tea
The preparation of turmeric tea requires ingredients which are generally present in your kitchen cabinet. Here is a recipe of turmeric tea for detoxification of the liver.
- Boiling water- ½ mug
- Turmeric- 2 tsp
- Ginger- 1 tsp
- Black pepper- ½ tsp
- Cinnamon- ½ tsp
- Raw honey- 1 tsp
- Coconut milk- ½ cup
- Take ½ cup of boiling water in your coffee mug.
- Add 1 tsp of turmeric and 1 tsp of ginger to it.
- Stir it well and cover it. Allow it to steep for 15 minutes.
- Now, add ½ tsp each of cinnamon and black pepper along with 1 tsp of honey to it.
- Add ½ cup of coconut milk and stir it well.
Properties of Ingredients of the Turmeric Tea
Here are details of properties of ingredients of turmeric tea which will help you in the detoxification of the liver.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains properties to reduce inflammation and irritation, which can treat digestive issues and calm sickness and intestinal gas.
- Ginger: Ginger and turmeric are the best herbs to recuperate joint torment and treat gastrointestinal issues.
- Black pepper: Black pepper upgrades the bioavailability of curcumin.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon has awesome cancer prevention agent impacts and can lessen aggravation. It acts as an intense mitigating, particularly in the mix with turmeric and ginger.
- Coconut milk: The solid fats contained in coconut milk can help with the ingestion of turmeric.
- Honey: Raw honey is rich in catalysts, vitamins, and minerals—it will give a characteristic sweetness to the tea.
Benefits of Turmeric Tea
Here is the list of benefits you can get after regular consumption of turmeric tea-
- Boosts immunity by improving liver function
- Detoxifies the body and liver
- Improves circulation throughout the body
- Purifies the blood
- Improves the complexion of your skin
- Reduces cholesterol
- Prevents internal blood clotting
So, just go for this detoxification process using simple turmeric tea and enhance the functioning of the liver and improve the digestion process.