In early fall and late summer, the changes in the season are quite visible. This season is dangerous in terms of the spread of infections and the spreading tool becomes the flea.
The flea roams around your food and garden area which spread a lot of diseases. In case you have a pet at home, then flea will trouble your pet a lot. The cosmetic spray or tablets to get rid of flea is harmful to your pet.
So, here is a recipe of a homemade treat for your pet which will act as a flea repellent.
Flea-Be-Gone Dog Biscuits
The recipe is very easy to execute and act as an excellent flea repellent as it consists of brewer’s yeast in it
Things you need
- Vegetable oil- 3 tbsp
- Flour- 2 cups
- Wheat germ- ½ cup
- Brewer’s yeast- ½ cup
- Salt- 1 tsp
- Garlic powder- ½ tsp
- Chicken broth- 1 cup
[Don’t Miss: Top 10 Home Remedies to Get Rid of Fleas]
- Take a mixing bowl and add vegetable oil along with garlic powder in it.
- In another bowl add wheat germ, brewer’s yeast, flour, and salt.
- Slowly add the vegetable oil and garlic powder solution to the flour and other ingredients.
- Mix it well and add chicken broth at the end. Mix it properly to a doughy consistency.
- Now, roll the dough on the floured surface of around ¼ inch thickness
- Cut the dough into square using knife or you can use a cookie cutter to make it in a different shape.
- Once the dough is ready in your desirable shape take a baking sheet and put the cut dough on it.
- Bake the dough on 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. You can check if the edges of the cookies are brown.
- Allow it to cool down for 2-3 hours and then you can store it in the airtight containers.
- Just provide this treat to your pet after a morning or evening walk. Your pet will enjoy the treat and will remain free from the flea.
Try this recipe today and comment below if it really worked for you!