The growth of mold is hazardous to your health and thus has to be eliminated immediately. The exposure to mold can be very harmful to children and your other family members. It can wreak havoc on the brain, nervous system, joints and also makes your immune system weak. In some cases, it also leads to cancer development in the body.
There are conventional methods available to clean the molds but it consist of heavy chemicals in it. The harmful fumes generated due to the use of these chemical mold eliminator has many side effects. Thus, it is always good to go natural to eliminate the mold.
Here are some environment-friendly and effective natural methods which you can use to remove mold. Maybe our grandparents have used these home tips to clear the mold. You can also try this 5 natural solutions
A straightforward and reasonable answer for your mold issue is utilizing 3% hydrogen peroxide.
- Blend a 1 tbsp each of hydrogen peroxide with preparing baking soda and vinegar.
- Empty the blend into a splash container and use over the part influenced with mold.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- At that point scour and wipe utilizing a spotless fabric.
It is mildly acidic in nature and it guaranteed to kill 99% of bacteria and 82% of mold in one shot. Also, it clears around 80% viruses present around the mold.
- Take a ½ cup of distilled white vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Do not dilute it. Spray it on the mold surface and let it remain for 1 hour.
- Wipe the area using water and allow it to dry.
- To remove the smell of vinegar from the area you can just sprinkle lemon water around the area.
Tea Tree Oil
The tea tree oil is quite expensive but the solution is very effective to remove the mold.
- Take 1 cup of water and add 2 tsp of tea tree oil to it.
- Pour the solution in an empty spray bottle and spray the solution onto spores of mold.
- Allow it to dry and then remove the mold using a clean cloth.
Citrus Seed Extract
Citrus seed is a refreshing way to remove mold. It provides a pleasant smell around the area and eliminates mold instantly.
- Take 2 cups of water and add 20 drops of citrus seed extract to it.
- Mix it well and spray it on the mold using a spary bottle.
- Allow it to dry and then remove the mold using clean tissue or cloth.
You can go for a combination of baking soda with water or baking soda with water and vinegar as the most effective solution for mold. Just spray the solution on mold and later scrub and wipe using a damp cloth.
All these natural methods will make it an effortless process to remove mold from your home. A dehumidifier can act as a preventer on the spread of mold. As the creation of mold needs a humid environment and it grows on the water available in the air. Thus, reduce the humidity in the air and automatically the growth of mold will be restricted.
Use these natural remedies and pass on this information to your friends and family members. Share your experience with us or a story of mold removal.