This is a secret of many actress and models about how they take care of their skin. You will be surprised to know that these popular models actually use natural remedies to cure sunburn.
During shoots, it is almost impossible to avoid sunlight and thus sun tan is a common issue among models.
Even while working on set we put on the sunscreen creams the strong UV rays do the harm to the skin.
But not to worry, as the natural remedies are amazingly effective to treat sunburns and provide relief from skin irritation.
Here are some popular natural remedies which many actresses have recommended,
Lettuce is very useful to cool down the burning skin and heals the damaged skin quickly. Here is the process you should follow to use the natural remedy of lettuce for sunburn.
- Take a handful of lettuce leaves, wash them properly and chopped it.
- Take 1 cup of water and start boiling it on low flame.
- Add the chopped lettuce leaves in the boiling water and allow it to cook for 5 minutes.
- Strain the liquid and allow it to cool down for 1-2 hours.
- Dip cotton balls in the liquid and apply it gently on the sunburn affected area to get instant relief.
The layer of oatmeal soothes the skin very efficiently. It reduces the skin inflammation and removes the sun tan quickly. The oatmeal body pack will provide your fairer and soft skin in no time
- Take 2-3 tsp of dry oatmeal and wrap it in cheesecloth.
- Run cool water or soak it in the tub or bucket full of cool water.
- Apply the wrap on the affected area and allow it to remain on the skin for 5 minutes.
- Pat dry your skin quickly. Use this remedy 2-3 times in a week to cure the sunburn completely.
Aloe vera gel and Honey
Aloe vera is cooling agents which make the skin feel good. It has antiseptic properties which help to heal the damaged skin efficiently.
You just have to apply the aloe vera gel on the affected area 5-6 times a day and the sunburn issue will be gone quickly.
You can also use honey instead of aloe vera as it can help to heal the skin and reduces the skin irritation. Apply honey on your skin 5-6 times in a day to cure sunburn.
Note– In any case of sunburns you should not use soap on the affected area. Application of soap can make the sunburn issue even worse. So, make sure you avoid the use of soap on the sunburned area.
Isn’t it simple to treat sunburn at home? Rather than using the cosmetic creams you can now use the natural ingredients to treat the sunburn.
It is the most inexpensive way to get rid of sunburn along with the sunburn scars. Try out these remedies and let us know which remedy worked fabulously for you.