It might be a shocking news for you that around 55 diseases are directly linked to gluten, a protein which is found in rye, wheat, and barley. Also, it is estimated that 99% cases of gluten intolerance are not at all diagnosed in the person lifetime.
From the current population, about 15% of the US citizens are suffering from gluten intolerant and they are not even aware of it. You can be one of them who have undiagnosed gluten intolerance.
Check if you have the following symptoms to confirm if you are suffering from gluten intolerance:
- The symptoms related to digestive problems like bloating, constipation, diarrhea or gas are often related to gluten intolerance. Especial in the case of children this symptom is strong enough to detect the gluten intolerance.
- Chiken skin or keratosis pilaris also caused due to gluten allergy. It is the result of a deficiency of fatty acid and vitamin A along with fat-malabsorption which occur due to the damaging impact of gluten on the gut.
- If you feel tired or experience fatigue or brain fog after eating gluten rich meal then it can be due to gluten intolerance.
- The autoimmune diseases like hashimoto’s thyroiditis, psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis, lupus Ulcerative colitis, multiple sclerosis or scleroderma is often linked with gluten intolerance.
- The feeling of being off balance or dizziness which is a neurologic symptom is also a sign of gotten issue.
- You might be surprised, but unexplained infertility, hormone imbalances like PMS, PCOS are also strong symptoms of gluten intolerance.
- Frequent migraine headaches are often related to body’s resistance towards gluten.
- Often mood swings, anxiety, depression and ADD is closely related to gluten intolerance.
- If you observe abnormal swelling, inflammation, pain on your joints like hips, fingers or knees then it can be due to gluten intolerance.
- If you are suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia which is unexplained then you need to check on your bodies gluten intolerance.
Reliable Test to Detect Gluten Intolerance
You can easily detect the gluten intolerance at home using a simple trick. The best way to check the gluten intolerance is to get rid of food items rich in gluten for at least 2-3 weeks and then go for the reintroduction of gluten in your diet.
Gluten is a large protein which takes months or sometimes years to get clear out from your system. So the longer you will eliminate it from the diet before reintroduction the better results you will get.
The best test to observe is when you cut off the gluten you feel significantly better and when you reintroduce it you feel the worse. In order to get a perfect result from this test just try to eliminate 100% gluten carefully from your diet.
Treatment for Gluten Intolerance
The gluten intolerance can be treated by 100% elimination of gluten from your diet. You can get an immune reaction within your body due to a little trace of gluten from any medication or supplements or cross contamination anything like that.
Recently 2001 published research article claims that for a patient of gluten intolerance intake of gluten even once in a month increases the risk of death relatively by 600%.
So, don’t take a chance now. Take a watch for symptoms of gluten intolerance and take a test today!