Boiled corn or a fresh corn sandwich! Sound yummy! We all love the dishes of corn and its soup too. But have you ever used the corn silk?
So, what is corn silk? It is the hair like strands which we found under the green cover of corn. We usually just discard it as we are not aware of the health benefits of corn skin.
Here are some amazing health benefits of corn silk for you.
1. Prevents Kidney Stones:
Kidney stones are framed because of a development of little gems in the kidney. Corn silk helps in the best possible stream of pee, which deflects the collection of stones. In any case, it can’t evacuate the stone that as of now exists in the kidney.
2. Helps with blood clotting:
Corn silk contains vitamin K that guides blood thickening. When you get hurt, the vitamin guarantees that you don’t lose a lot of blood from your body by helping it to a cluster.
3. Controls glucose:
Various studies have affirmed that corn silk has the capability of controlling the glucose levels. Other than hoisting insulin levels, it additionally helps in the repair of harmed pancreas cells, where insulin is delivered.
4. Control cholesterol
5. Diuretic properties
The diuretic properties of corn silk flush over the top liquids and poisons out of the body, consequently deflecting the danger of Urinary tract tainting (UTI) and cardiovascular malady.
How To Use Corn Silk?
It is very easy to use corn silk and gain the health benefits from it. Here are 2 methods in which you can consume corn silk
- Take 1 cup of water and start boiling it.
- Add corn silk to the boiling water and allow it to cook well.
- Your corn silk tea is ready. Serve it hot.
- You can add 1 tsp of lemon juice to it in order to enhance the taste.
- Take a full jar of water and add corn silk to it.
- Put the jar under sunlight for a day.
- In the evening take out some water from the jar and add 1 tsp of honey to it.
- Stir it well and drink it.
Note– Use the corn silk from organically grown corn only! Do not consume the corn which is sprayed with pesticide.
Isn’t it a simple way to stay healthy? Next time do not throw the corn slik in garbage. Start using the corn silk and remain free from the chronic diseases.