A byproduct of the oil industry is widely known as petroleum jelly. This jelly is used as a prime ingredient to prepare Vaseline.
You might be one of the loyal customer of Vaseline which is a one of the common buying product in winter. But are you aware that petroleum jelly used in Vaseline is actually harmful to our skin?
Yes, it is true! The petroleum jelly blocks the skin pores and thus our body becomes unable to eliminate the toxic through skin pores. Some of the researchers have also supported the damaging effect of petroleum jelly on the skin.
As per a report published on Chemtox website, the petroleum jelly is a chemical which has an adverse effect on our immune system and nervous system if we used such products regularly.
The medical research also claims that the prolonged used of Vaseline or petroleum jelly can lead to neurological disorders, cancers in child and adult as well as autoimmune disorders.
As per the research of Environmental Working Group, petroleum based cosmetic safety assessments revealed that it consist of an impurity called 1,4-dioxane which can be the prime cause of cancer.
Things you need
- Coconut oil- 1/4 cup
- Olive oil- 1/8 cup
- Beeswax- 2 tbsp
- Peppermint essential oil or tea tree- 3-5 drops
- Take a small saucepan, and add ¼ cup of coconut oil along with 2 tbsp of beeswax to it.
- Mix it properly and heat it over low to medium flame until the mixture gets melted.
- Take off the heat and add 1/8 cup of olive oil to it.
- Mix it well to make a proper jelly like consistency.
- Add 3-5 drops of peppermint essential oil or tea tree and whisk the mixture to get creamy jelly which is pourable.
- Pour the jelly in a glass jar and store it in the fridge.
Use this jelly daily to keep your skin smooth and hydrated. It is amazing that your can use this homemade Vaseline for 1 year as it will remain fresh for long period of time.
So, what are you waiting for? Make your own Vaseline and protect your skin as well as your health from the toxic cosmetic creams.