We are actually surrounded by many fake products which mislead us every day. It is very important to be able to differentiate between fake and real products if you want to gain good health.
We get information about an ingredient which can help us to remain healthy. But what if the ingredient which you are consuming for health is a fake product? It is shocking as well as scary. Unfortunately, it is true that market is flooded with fake products like fake olive oil and fake honey.
In such case as a consumer, you must be aware to locate the fake honey and stay away from it. This fake honey consists of added liquid fructose which actually promotes inflammation.
Here are simple 5 tests which will help you to differentiate between real and fake honey:
Test 1: Using water
- Empty water into a glass.
- Spoon out a tablespoon of honey from the honey container, you need to test.
- Place the spoon in the glass of water.
- Tenderly shake the glass.
Result: If the honey begins to break down and blend with the water, it’s a fake one and some measure of water has been added to it. In any case, if the honey frames a little bump and sinks to the base of the glass, it is absolutely real and pure in quality.
Test 2: Using methylated spirit/denatured alcohol
- Blend equivalent amounts of spirit and honey in a glass.
Result: If the honey shapes an irregularity and sinks, it is unadulterated. In any case, on the off chance that it is contaminated, it will break down in the solution of spirit and turn it smooth white.
Test 3: Using fire
- You will require a light with a cotton wick.
- Dunk the wick into a little measure of honey.
- Permit the overabundance nectar to trickle off.
- Presently light a match and hold it to the wick.
Test 4: Using paper
- Utilize a smearing paper or a white material.
- Drop a couple drops of honey on the paper/fabric.
Result: If the honey is unadulterated, it will stay strong on paper. Sullied nectar will be consumed by the paper. With the material, take a stab at washing off the honey. On the off chance that it doesn’t recolor, it is unadulterated.
Test 5: Testing the swirl of honey
- Plunge a honey scoop or spoon into some honey.
- Hold the scoop over a plate and pour the honey.
- Observe how it falls when you pour it.
Result: As it falls, pure honey will spill out of the spoon in a clockwise bearing. It will do as such gradually. You flick the spoon upwards and the stream will gradually stop. A layered step development of honey is framed on the plate. On the off chance that contaminated, the honey will stream quickly and easily and will pool on the plate.
Tip about Crystallization
Genuine honey will take shape after some time while fake nectar will keep its fluid, syrup-like structure. You can take in more about this here.
So, remember these steps when you are looking for the pure and real honey. The real honey is the only way you can gain the health benefits. Also, always make sure that you buy raw and organic honey to get maximum benefits from it. What’s more, dependably make a point to check your marks when you purchase your honey!