Headaches and anxiety are closely related. But what we often do is we take over the counter medication to get relief from a headache. However, many people are now admitting that they don’t get relief from a headache by using the medication available in the market.
Thus, it is time to know the causes of a frequent headache and use a natural method to cure this issue. A headache can be caused due to tension, stress, dehydration and other external or internal issues.
Lavender is the best option to deal with a headache which is linked to any causes. It is effective to cure the painful and chronic headaches. It is a purple plant with different medical properties such as antifungal, anti-inflammatory and antidepressant properties.
This herbal remedy is simple to make and consist of lavender-infused lemonade. It is a sweet drink which you will definitely enjoy and provides relief from persistent headaches.
After using this remedy you will begin to store the dried lavender flowers in your medicine cabinet at home. You can also buy it from health food store or some of the pharmacies. Here is how you can mix up the lavender to lemonade and get rid of a headache.
Lavender Lemonade Recipe
Things you need
- Raw honey- 1 cup
- Water- 12 cups
- Dried lavender flowers- 1 tbsp
- Lemons juice- 1 cup
- Take a saucepan and boil 12 cups of water in it. Add 1 cup of honey to it and let it boil.
- Now, remove the heat and add the dried lavender flowers to it.
- Cover the solution and let it stand for another 1 hour.
- Now, strain the liquid and remove the lavender flowers from it.
- Add 1 cup of lemon juice and stir it well.
- Your delicious drink it ready!
Why It Works So Well?
Lavender has a long history of utilization as an anxiolytic medication – it’s a viable temperament stabilizer and pain relieving specialists, and additionally a gentle homegrown narcotic. The mix of these impacts make it ideal for treating anxiety and strain cerebral pains brought on by muscle fits and pressure in the body – protected and powerful, simply breathing in the fragrance of the oil can markedly affect the treatment.
While a few researchers stay distrustful – there are clinical trials and studies on the adequacy and long haul security of the utilization of lavender in treating cerebral pains, uneasiness, and despondency. The proof firmly underpins the hypothesis that lavender is a standout amongst the most effective supposed “nutraceuticals” out there today.
The Power of Hydration
Numerous migraines are created by the lack of hydration. In case you’re likewise encountering a dry, sticky mouth, lethargy, diminished pee yield and blockage notwithstanding your cerebral pains, you’re presumably not getting enough liquids.
Hydrating with a juice such as lemonade could be precisely what your body needs to reestablish harmony and provides relief from a headache.
Other Ways To Use Lavender To Relax
You can use these methods also to get relief from a headache
- If you have a dry skin then mix 5 to 6 drops of Lavender essential oil to your bath water.
- On a stressful working day just diffuse 10 to 12 drops of Lavender essential oil into the air to get relief from a headache and anxiety.
- If you need help to get a peaceful sleep then add 2 drops of Lavender oil per ounce of your organic oil (like almond oil or olive oil) for a body oil. This will help you to relax your mind, improve your skin and get a sound sleep.
So, now keep the lavender oil or lavender flower handy in your house to treat the anxiety as well as frequent headaches.