The circulation and metabolism are very important part of our body activity which helps us to keep moving every day. In the busy lifestyle, many of us have forgotten the art of massage and it benefits for our health.
The foot massage before bedtime or the whole body massage before bath was one time an indivisible part of some cultures. But nowadays the concept of massage almost vanishes due to lack of awarensess as well as lack of time. However, it is important to get back to the massage methods to keep your body healthy all the time.
Let’s take a quick look back at the roots of reflexology
The foot massage or foot reflexology is rooted by in the ancient history of Egypt and China. It was spread across the world during Roman Empire. In past few years, the reflexology got attention and recommendation from professional doctors and therapists due to its health benefits. Reflexology is widely researched topic now and its impact on the organ mapping is properly documented.
Reflexology can make a difference for your health
Reflexology helps to provide acupressure to specific points on the feet and the body organs are properly pressed and massaged. It helps to maintain proper circulation in the body organs and treat many existing ailments.
Here are some of the most common benefits of foot massage and reflexology:
- Lessens stiffness
- Stimulates muscles and nerves
- Improves blood circulation
- Removes stress and fatigue
- Stimulates the lymphatic system
- Improves immunity
- Helps to lower blood pressure
- Increases metabolism
- Often relieves pain
- Can relieve headaches and migraines
- Unblocks energy flow
- Leads to better sleep
- Normalizes body functions
It’s simple enough for anyone to do
The process of foot massage is very easy and you can do it without any supervision. You can get the reflexology chart to get the information about the important points located on your feet to get desired results from the massage. However, a simple massage process to work wonderful and provide relief from many health issues.
Things you need
- Lavender oil- 5-6 drops
- Peppermint essential oil- 5-6 drops
- Coconut oil- 2 tbsp
- First wash and clean your feet with warm water.
- Now, take 2 tbsp of coconut oil and add 5-6 drops each of lavender oil and peppermint essential oil to it.
- Mix it well and apply it on your feet.
- Start with you toes. Twist, pull and squeeze your joint part and move towards the tip of the feet.
- Use your thumbs to massage the soles of your foot. Follow the direction of massage from top to bottom.
- Apply strong pressure on each spot for few seconds. You can also use the reflexology chart to know the exact points where you should put proper pressure.
- Massage heels, ankles and Achilles areas.
- The tops of your feet are also considered as reflexology points so massage that points too.
- Once done with one foot follow the process of massage for other foot.
- Do this massage every night before bed time to get proper circulation, stress relief and sound sleep.
So, what are you waiting for? Try this massage from tonight and you will definitely feel refreshed the next morning. Follow the process every night to become more active throughout the day and get relaxed rest at night.