Ayurveda does provide a guideline to live our life in a healthy way. It is actually a way to match the nature’s rhythm which helps to balance the doshas in our body. One of such rituals in recommended to be followed in the morning which fosters self-discipline and self-esteem.
It is about drinking lemon water right after you woke up in the morning.
This ritual seems very small but its impact on the overall health is tremendous. So, this little initiative can provide you a lot of health benefits.
As per U.S. Department of Agriculture, lemon juice is a rich source of Vitamin C and 1 lemon provides 30.7 mg of Vitamin C. The daily intake of vitamin C is recommended by the doctor is 75 mg for women whereas for men it is 90 mg.
Thus, by having lemon water in the morning you can get a lot of Vitamin C for the proper functioning of the body and also it will help you to boost the digestion system.
7 Benefits of Drinking Lemon Water in the Morning
Here are 7 selected benefits of drinking lemon water in the morning. After reading this having lemon water in the morning will be your daily ritual.
- Improves Digestion: If you want to flush out toxins from your digestive tract then lemon juice can provide excellent help to you. Lemon juice can help ease heartburn, indigestion, and bloating. When you will drink lemon water in the morning, it will hydrate your colon, move your bowels and stimulate bile production.
- Boosts Immunity: The high content of Vitamin C in lemon juice helps to strengthen the immune system and fight the common cold and viral flu.
- Boosts Energy: You will observe it soon that having lemon water in the morning will make you feel fresh. That is because lemon water boosts instant energy and enhances the mood. So, finally, it will be a really good and fresh morning for you.
- Assists Weight Loss:Lemon does not have any inbuilt properties which have direct contribution to weight loss, however, it makes the weight loss process faster. It helps to overcome the craving and urge to have snacks in between meals.
- Is Antibacterial and Antiviral: Lemon act as an antibacterial and antiviral agent. They help fight the cold, flu and soothe a sore throat.
- Boosts Brain Power:Yes, it is beneficial for your brain too. It has a high content of potassium and magnesium which is beneficial for nerve and brain health. It is the best to cure stress and also having lemon water helps to fight depression.
- Fights cancer:Lemon is packed with antioxidants, thus have lemon water also reduce the risk of several types of cancer.