The unbearable and unpleasant pain is the identity of sciatica or sciatic nerve pain. The pain can come up without any actual injury and generally originate from the lower spine area of your body. The sciatic pain is often experienced in buttocks area and get a pass to the upper part of the body such as thigh. In some uncommon cases, the pain buttocks can pass on to the lower end of the body and reach to the foot.
The fleshy part of the body is the place of initiation of the pain which felt in the nerves depart from the spinal cord in our body’s intervertebral disks. The pressure on the affected area can make the sciatic pain even worse. The regular activities like going to the bathroom, sneezing or coughing can lead to an increase in sciatic pain.
Once you start the conventional treatment for sciatica pain, the first instruction you will get is to reduce the daily hard activities which create pressure and stress on your spinal cord area. Taking a lot of rest and having pain relievers is the main course of conventional treatment for sciatica pain.
The healing period for sciatica pain is around 3 months for almost 87% cases. In some recent research, it is found that the emotional distress created due to personal issues or work related issues such as lack of job satisfaction is directly related to persistence sciatica and back pain.
It is amazing that our emotions as well as life choices have direct impact on our physical body. The Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) claims that the sciatic pain is directly related to kidney being low. The cold, dampness and strong wind in the environment can also lead to sciatic pain.
The treatment suggested by TCM includes the intake of herbs to warm up the kidney and make it perform well. Thus, you can see that each stream of medicine provides different reasons for sciatic pain and has various ways to treat the health issues.
How To Relieve Sciatica At Home
Here is some simple stretch routine you can follow to keep sciatic pain at bay. This method will speed up the healing process and provides relief from sciatic pain.
- Sit straight on your exercise mat.
- Stretch your legs and keep it parallel to your body.
- Now, bend your right knee and pull your leg towards your chest.
- Hold your leg in the knee part using both of your hand and remain in the position for 10 seconds.
- Now, get back to the initial position and keep your legs stretch.
- Repeat the exercise with the left leg and again hold the position for 10 seconds.
- Do this exercise 5 times in 2 sets.
- Lay down on the exercise mat and keep your spinal cord parallel to the floor.
- Now, lift both of your legs and bend your knees.
- Provide a rocking movement to your bend legs from upward position to downward position.
- Repeat the exercise for 5 times to get relief from pain in spinal cord area.
- Sit straight with your back upward placed and your leg stretched parallel to the ground.
- Now, keep your both hands parallel to the ground and try to touch the feet of both of your legs.
- You will experience some stretch in the spinal cord area during this exercise.
- Do the process 5 times and get back to the relax position.
Make this exercise part of your daily routine to get rid of the sciatic pain. The exercise will improve the blood circulation in the spinal cord area. This stretch routine will help you to keep your body in right shape and free from pain.