Winter meant to be snow, festivals, holidays. But for some people, the meaning of winter is unavoidable cold and cough. It is often that people catch a cold during winter and the entire season they struggle with the excess mucus as well as a cough.
The conventional medicines for a cough make you feel dizzy and has some side effects too. So, it is always safe to switch to natural remedy to cure a cough in adult and children. Here is a natural remedy for a cough which has carrots and honey as it’s important ingredients.
Carrots is a root veggie which is amazing for hypertension and diabetics due to its antioxidant properties. The intake of fresh carrot is very beneficial for health and provides a high amount of nutrient to the body.
What makes carrots so great for you?
Here are some benefits of carrots which makes it an incredible ingredient to boost health. Regular consumption of carrots provides following benefits-
- Immunity boost and cardiovascular health
- Cancer prevention
- Decreased cholesterol
- Acne-free skin
- Calcium abundance
- High vitamin content
- Improved digestion
Check out the simple recipe of carrot and honey to get rid of a persistent cough.
Things you need:
- Carrots- ½ Kg
- Organic honey- 3-4 tbsp
- Water- 1 cup
- Wash the carrots and peel it properly. Later cut it into small chunks.
- Boil the chunks in 1 cup of water until it gets soft.
- Now, separate the carrots from water and mash it in the blender to get a smooth paste.
- Add 3-4 tbsp of honey along with the water in which you cooked the carrots to the carrot paste.
- There you go! The homemade cough syrup is ready.
- Store it in a glass jar in the refrigerator.
- Take 3-4 tbsp of the syrup 2 days and the cough will vanish like never before.
This is quite a popular recipe among kids as it taste good and you don’t have to force your child to take the medicine. Use this remedy this winter and pass on the information to your friends and loved ones.