Lemon juice, salt, and pepper are often used together to increase the taste of a salad or to make your cooking more delicious. But are you aware that this combination can be used as a medicine?
Well, this is a time to explore the benefits of the combination of lemon, pepper and salt which can help you to get rid of chronic ailments. The ingredients are affordable and often regularly available in your kitchen cabinet.
Let’s look in detail what are the diseases which you can treat using combination of lemon, pepper and salt:
1. Sore Throat
If you want to get rid of a sore throat caused due to common cold then here is a process you should follow-
- Take 1 tbsp of lemon juice and add ½ tsp of black pepper to it.
- Take 1 glass of water and add lemon juice pepper mixture to it along with 1 tsp of sea salt.
- Stir it well and gargle using this combination at least 2-3 times in a day.
Your sore throat will be relieved soon and also this method will prevent the formation of a cough in your body.
2. Stuffy Nose
- Take 1 tsp each of black pepper, cumin,cinnamon and cardamom seeds.
- Grind all the ingredients in the grinder to get a fine powder.
- Put the powder on a cotton cloth and slowly smell it.
- You will soon embrace the sneeze and remove the stuffiness of your nose.
3. Remove Gallstones
The gallstones are actually formed in the gallbladder due to an accumulation of hardened digestive fluids. It can be quite painful and can block your digestive system. Doctors often recommend the surgical procedure to remove the gallstones.
However, you can try the natural method to eliminate the gallstones from your body. The method is quite simple. You just have to consume solution of 3tsp of olive oil with 1 tsp each of lemon juice and black pepper. Consume it daily to dissolve the gallstone in your body.
4. Canker Sores
Canker sores are very painful and can make it difficult for you to eat or to speak in some cases. It is important to heal the mucous membranes in the mouth to get rid of canker sores. You can just add 1 tbsp of salt in 1 cup of warm water and swish your mouth with it. This will help to remove the bacteria from your mouth and promote quick healing of the sores.
5. Weight Loss
Losing weight can be a fun process using this combination. You don’t have to take many efforts if you start taking this drink every day. Here is recipe to lose weight quickly
- Take 1 glass of warm water and add 2 tbsp of lemon juice to it.
- Add ¼ tsp of grounded black pepper and 1 tbsp of honey to it.
- Stir it well and drink it on an empty stomach in the morning.
Lemon and black pepper will improve the metabolism in your body. The polyphenols in the lemon will prevent weight gain and also aid the fat burning process by boosting the insulin sensitivity in the body.
You can soothe your upset stomach using black pepper. Here the smell of lemon is useful to stop nausea. Just mix 1 tbsp of lemon juice with 1 tsp of black pepper and add it to 1 glass of warm water. Drink the solution and you will feel better in no time.
7. Asthma Attack
This combination should be always available at your home if you have any asthma patient in the family. Here is how you can prepare a remedy on asthma attack at home
- Take 10 grains of pepper, 15 basil leaves, and 2 clove buds.
- Add all these ingredients to 1 cup of boiling water.
- Simmer the water for 15 minutes and then strain the solution in a glass jar.
- Add 2 tbsp of honey to the solution once it cools down.
- You can store this solution in the fridge for at least 2 weeks and can drink it with milk.
- Enjoy this drink regularly to reduce the asthma attacks.
A painful toothache can be treated at home. It is very easy to heal your aching tooth. Take ½ tsp of grounded pepper and add 1 tsp of clove oil to it. Mix it well and apply the mixture and brush your teeth with it twice a day. Also, avoid the consumption of acidic and sugary foods until you get rid of tooth ache.
9. Cold and Flu
Common cold and flu can be treated at home without any medical assistance. All you need is juice squeezed from ½ lemon. Add the lemon juice to 1 cup of boiled water. Let the peel and pulp of lemon steep in the water for 10 minutes. Strain the water to remove lemon and add 1 tbsp of honey to it. Drink the solution twice a day to get relieved from cold.
Nosebleed is quite common during summer. Here is a quick solution to stop a nosebleed. Take a 5-6 drop of lemon juice on a cotton ball and apply it on your nostril. Keep it until the blood dripping stops. It also helps to prevent nausea and provides relief from a headache as well.
So, these are the different remedies you can prepare at home to remain healthy. It is not always good to take medicines for small health issues. Some simple natural methods can cure the health issues without any side effects. Thus, prefer the natural remedies and stay healthy always.