Do me a Favor! Stop Feeding Goldfish to Your Children

The trend of eating outside food is quite common in our generation. One of the favourite kid food includes Gold Fish. It taste yummy and has different colours in it which attract a lot of kids. But have you ever thought what Goldfish is made up of, and is it healthy for your children?

The answer is, it is not at all healthy food. One should immediately stop feeding their child the Gold Fish. Here are the reasons why it can be a big health issue for your child.

See what Goldfish is made up of

  • Nonfat Milk
  • Unbleached Enriched Wheat Flour (it means it provides vitamin B1 & B2, folic acid, flour, reduced iron and niacin)
  • Salt
  • Vegetable Oils (Sunflower, Canola also sometimes Soybean)

Apart from the above ingredients it consists of less than 2% of  onion powder, spices, sugar, yeast, baking soda, Monocalcium Phosphate and Ammonium Bicarbonate.

Now, the coloured or the rainbow Goldfish has certain artificial dyes in it like blue 1, blue 2, red 3 and red 40.

Let’s look in detail how harmful the ingredients can act on your children’s body.

 Artificial Dyes

As per the recent research of Center for Science the artificial dyes can be termed as potential cancer leading chemicals. The intake of artificial dyes can also cause allergic reactions in kids.

Another study published by Southampton University has highlighted the negative impact of artificial dyes in terms of food color sensitivity or a hyperactivity disorder.

GMO Oils and Wheat

The genetically engineered ingredients (GMOs) such as soybean oil and canola is used in the preparation of Goldfish. The ingredients are not at all natural nor healthy. Children’s body is in the development stage and thus can have huge impact on it due to the intake of such harmful food. The GMO food makes kids more prone to antibiotic-resistant infections, allergies as well as asthma.

As per the recent update published in UK Telegraph, it is provided that GMO food is toxic in nature and can lead to severe illness and in some cases can cause death.  The protein developed due to genetic modification are very new for our body. The body try to protect us from this new protein type and treat is as foreign organisms which should be attacked and destroyed.

Non-Fat Milk

The dairy products become hazardous to health due to added sweeteners. You will be shocked to know that 1 cup of 2 % milk consists of 12.3 grams of sugar. It is even more than what a chocolate chip or Reeses Peanut Butter Cup has in it.

Additionally as the product use non-fat milk, it makes it a nutrient less product. The removal of fat make the milk nutrient less and no nourishment is received after eating a Goldfish.

Thus, be aware of the dangerous food products available around you and try to protect your child from it. Stop feeding Goldfish to your kid in order to ensure his or her healthy life.